----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "akif syed"
Sent: Sunday, July 26, 2009 2:31:20 AM GMT -08:00 Tijuana / Baja California
Subject: Death threats against ACHA Secretary Dr. Lenin Raghuvanshi
I am writing to seek your help regarding the repeated threats received by Dr. Lenin Raghuvanshi, on his mobile phone No. 993559933, from unknown person's mobile phone No. 98705993, on July 22 & 23, 2009. Threats were made against his life, and to kidnap his son, if he did not quit his work on behalf of Dalits of his area.
Dr. Raghuvanshi is the Convener of the Peoples' Vigilance Committee on Human Rights (PVCHR), a local non-government human rights organisation working in Varanasi, U.P. He has been internationally recognized for his work with such awards as Gwangju Prize for Human Rights and ACHA Peace Star award.
1. Honorable Governor of Uttar Pradesh, email@example.com
2. Ms. Mayawati, U.P. Chief Minister firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Inspector General of Police, Varanasi Zone, U.P., email@example.com
4. Director General of Police, U.P., firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Senior Superintendent of Police, Varanasi, email@example.com
Sindh Provincial Ombudsman Secretariat